Organic Gardening For Free/On A Budget: RRR (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) Green/Organic Gardening. Cost Free! Limited seating. Reservations required.
Tired of paying high prices @ the checkout for organic produce/landscape/houseplants? Tired of knowing that 77 billion food/drink containers go into our landfills? Well, reduce your carbon footprint and come to our fun and innovative class to learn how to feed yourself for free/at little cost by growing a RRR organic vegetable (perennial & houseplants too) garden utilizing the principles of Reduce, Reuse & Recycle. Already have a full belly? Then learn how to apply the same RRR principles to your landscape garden and houseplants.
· Where to obtain seeds & plants for free or at little cost: vegetables/fruits, landscape (perennials, annuals), & houseplants
· How to RRR garden: seed collection/starting, plant propagation & division
· DIY RRR containers: seed starting, raised bed & decorative
· Composting, free soil amendments & permaculture
· What edibles grow wild in your backyard (not just dandelion greens!). Mini cooking demo.
*Sustainable Living Tips
*Bonus: Monarch Butterfly info