The 4-H advisor/volunteer selection process takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks to complete and must be completed successfully before a volunteer begins to work with the Geauga County 4-H program. Therefore, please plan accordingly and return the application at your earliest convenience so that we may begin the process.
Ohio 4-H Youth Activites and Programs (Policy 1.50) Online Training Course
Ohio State University requires all individuals (faculty, staff, students, volunteers, etc.) who work with youth to complete an annual Child Abuse and Recognition Trainings, Policy 1.50, newly renamed 4-H Youth Activities and Programs Training. A copy of the policy can be found HERE for your reference.
Volunteers must complete this training requirement by April 1, 2023 to maintain their status as an OSU 4-H Volunteer with Geauga County. Failure to complete the trainings results in immediate dismissal as a 4-H volunteer. This training is in addition to the two annual training requirements set by Ohio 4-H. Should you need computer access to complete the training, contact the Geauga Extension Office to set up an appointment.
This training is conducted online through OSU’s Scarlet Canvas platform. Please instructions and link below to complete this requirement. Upon completion of the trainings, please screenshot your certificate of completion and email it to Wendy (email@example.com) or Alisha (faudie.2@osuedu)
Instructions for accessing “Activities and Programs with Minors” (Policy 1.50) Online Canvas Course
1. Visit the self-registration link(s) below for the required course(s) you need.
Ohio 4-H Youth Activities and Programs Policy Training: https://go.osu.edu/4hyap or 2023 Ohio 4-H Youth Activities Link
2. Fill out the registration form. Name and email addresses are required. It is okay to enter “0” for phone number and zip code. Enter “NA” for title and company.
3. After filling out the registration form, you will receive two emails from Canvas Catalog. One email will ask you to complete your registration, the other will confirm your enrollment in your course(s).
4. After creating your account to complete required training, we encourage you to bookmark the login page at: https://scarlet.instructure.com/login/canvas
Club Organizational Advisors will be mailed a club list of volunteer training attendance. Volunteers should contact their clubs head advisor to obtain their training status. Volunteers must complete two annuals trainings. New Volunteers must complete two trainings in addition to New Volunteer Orientation. Deadline to complete all trainings is October 1st (all paperwork must be received by the deadline to receive credit).
Online Advisor/Volunteer Training Opportunities – All trainings must be completed and submitted to the Extension Office by October 1st.
Extension Foundation Campus
This training includes four interactive, self-paced training modules, complete with review: “About 4-H,” “Positive Youth Development,” “Getting Started in 4-H,” and “Leadership and Teaching.” It is a great opportunity for our volunteers to further learn about volunteerism and 4-H. If you would like to complete one of the modules please follow the steps below…..
1. Go to https://campus.extension.org/
2. Click on Login in and create a new account.
3. Click on 4-H & Youth - You will see several different States that have different trainings. Skipover the trainings that are locked or has a fee. Once you find a course that pertains to working with youth and/or may benefit your club, click enroll.
4. Once the course is completed, you will need to email the office a copy of your certificate of completion. If you do not receive a certificate, email us the category, program name and a short summary of the course.
4-H Online CLUB LOGIN HELP FOR ADVISORS
4-H Club Organizational Lead Advisors will have the option to login in to view their club roster with projects. l receive their log in information to view their 4-H Club members by calling or emailing the Extension Office.
Effective June 29, 2020
Annual Update Forms
2023 Annual Update Presentation
2023 Geauga 4-H Program Guide
2023 Club Enrollment Check List
Club Financial Summary - Due January 31 each year
2023 Geauga 4-H Calendar
2023 State Calendar
Helpful links for 4-H Volunteers
Open recruitment for committee membership takes place every fall. Interested individuals are invited to apply. Applications must be printed or typed. Applications are due by October 31st and submitted to the Geauga County Extension Office. Selected individuals will be notified in writing.