2022 Geauga 4-H Program Guide
What Projects Can You Take in 4-H?
With over 200 4-H projects to choose from, selecting the right ones can be overwhelming. These resources, along with assistance from the club advisors and the Geauga County Extension Office can help you select the right ones!
Ohio 4-H Project List https://go.osu.edu/4-hprojects
Ohio 4-H Family Guide https://ohio4h.org/familyguide
The 4-H Family Guides contains an overview of the Ohio 4-H Program and projects available.
Project Central https://ohio4h.org/books-and-resources/project-central
Project Central is an easy way for members to preview 4-H projects and resources.
Miscellaneous/General 4-H Projects
The terms miscellaneous and/or general 4-H project refer to non-animal projects. Project topics include clothing, cooking, gardening, natural resources, leadership, healthy living, and much more. These projects are showcased by participating in general project judging, where the member present their project knowledge to a judge in an interview format. State Fair selection is determined at judging. Refer to the Ohio 4-H Family Guide for project descriptions, skill levels, and State Fair eligibility. General 4-H projects may be taken in any club with club advisor permission.
Livestock projects include beef, dairy, goat, poultry, sheep, and swine. Projects can be market or breeding. Completion of these projects can result in exhibition at the Geauga County Jr. Fair.
*To participate in the Ohio State Fair, members must carry the species project they wish to exhibit, even if it is different from their anticipated Jr. Fair exhibition project.
There is a variety of horse related projects. All projects allow a member to ride and show a horse at the county level, with the exception of the Horseless project. Members wishing to participate at the Ohio State Fair must qualify though PAS shows. Youth must be enrolled in a horse club to take a horse project. Horseless project may be taken in any club with club advisor permission.
Small Animal Projects
Pet rabbits, pocket pets (gerbils, hamsters, mice, and rats), cavy (guinea pigs), and cats.
Dog projects include obedience, showmanship, agility, performance, and working. The All About Dogs project is for beginner members who may or may not have a dog. Dog projects, except All About Dogs, must be taken under an authorized dog project club.
Shooting Sports Projects
Members learn safety techniques, basic shooting fundamentals, firearm/equipment maintenance, and more. Shooting sports projects are restricted to the County Coyotes 4-H Shooting Sports club. All Coyote Club 4-H volunteers are state certified instructors.
Geauga County 4-H Clubs by Location and Projects
Click on Club's name to find out more information about each club.
(Club location may change throughout the year)
- Giggles-n-Stitches - Clothing and Miscellaneous/General
- Granny's Kids - Goats, Poultry, Swine, Small Animals & Misccellaneous/General
- Greener Fields - Poultry and Rabbits
- Geauga's Best - Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep and Swine
- Riders Express - Horses
- Auburn Swine - Poultry and Swine
- Bridle & Bits - Horses
- Buckeye Bunnies - Rabbits
- Geauga Dairymen - Dairy Calves, Cows, and Heifers
- Geauga Jr. Leaders - Community Service and Leadership
- Pygmy Connection - Pygmy Goats, Goats, Swine, Poultry & Miscellanoeous/General
- Ride With Pride - Horses
- Sew Sew Sweet - Clothing
- Totally Dogs - Dogs
- Geauga Beef & Swine - Beef, Poultry and Swine
- Geauga Junior Genealogists & Memory Keepers - Genealogy & Miscellanoeous
- Our Little Wonders - Rabbits and Small Animals
- Swingin' Hams - Swine and Poultry
- Geauga Prime Time - Beef, Poultry and Swine
- Geauga Engineering and Robotics - Electronics, Engineering and Robotics
- Plantmasters - Plants and Miscellaneous
- Bunny Bunch - Rabbits, Poultry, Cavy and Small Animals
- Geauga Caprine Kids - Goats, Poultry, Rabbits & Cavies, Swine, Bees and Miscellaneous/General
- Geauga County Coyotes Shooting Sports - Archery and Shooting Sports
- Flockmasters - Poultry, Sheep and Swine
- LIttle Porkers - Swine, Poultry, Sheep, Rabbits and Beef
- Breeders & Feeders - Beef, Poultry, Rabbits and Swine
- Feathers and Fleece - Poultry and Sheep
- Geauga Livestock Club - Poultry and Sheep
- Hare Raisers - Rabbits
- Thompson Ledge Dairy - Dairy Cows and Heifers
- Auburn Dairymen - Dairy Cows and Heifers, but also open to other projects.