Beef, Dairy, Dogs, Goats, All Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep, and Swine
No in-person project completion for livestock projects.
Project judging will be open from July 1 through 11:59pm, July 15.
Do not wait until the last minute.
Online Skillathon Test Project Judging
- Project completion tests are an Ohio 4-H approved skillathon test. Completion of test and project book reviewed by the club advisor results in project completion for 2022.
- Tests are age based not years in project.
- Tests are species based. Ex: All goat projects (pygmy, pack, meat, etc.) will take the Goat test.Members complete one test per species.
- Youth must correctly enter an email address to have their score emailed to them. Please print a copy of the email for your records and to share with your club advisor.
- There is no time limit for the test and a while a minimum score is not required, members should still take this method of project completion seriously
- Members can take the tests from any computer or smartphone. Youth are welcome to take their tests at the Extension Office if they need assistance. Prior arrangements must be made.
- Youth must complete the entire test in one sitting. Partial tests will be scored.
- Youth should only take the test one time. The first test score recorded will be the official score.
- ***Market project test scores will be shared with Jr. Fair to assist with the livestock sale order.
Scenario: Dakota’s 4-H age is 16. This is his second year in Market Ducks, fifth year in Market Turkey, and first year in Beef Breeding. To complete project judging, Dakota’s club advisor will review his books and he will complete the Poultry Senior Test and Beef Senior Test.
Late Project Completion: July 18-21
- Youth who fail to complete their judging by the deadline must contact the Extension Office.
- Youth must complete their judging tests at the Extension Office during regular office hours by appointment only.
- There is a $25 per project late fee for completion after July 15th.
- Late judging scores will NOT be shared with Jr. Fair.
Members must complete project judging to complete their 4-H project. Completion is also required to exhibit at the Geauga County Fair as a 4-H member. As always, fair participation is not a requirement for Geauga 4-H project completion. Contact the Geauga County Extension Office with any questions at (440) 834-4656 regarding judging completion. The Extension Office cannot answer Jr. Fair/Livestock Sale related questions.
Clothing & Textile Judging Registration
Clubs with members participating in clothing and textile judging should register their members and the project(s) they wish to have judged and submit a $5.00 registration fee. This registration fee helps the Style Review Committee cover the cost of the Style Show. Members pay the fee regardless of whether they are participating in the Style Show or Alternative Judging. Failure to pay will result in not being judged (projects not judged result in an incomplete and do not count towards members 4-H years or fair eligibility).
Registration fee is $5.00 per member (not per project). Clubs should collect the fees and write a club check to the Style Review Committee. Money and the registration form are due by July 1st to the Extension Office.
Clothing judging registration forms can be found:
Animal Project Judging Study Guidelines