Do You Have a Gardening Question?
Do you have questions about your plants, lawn care, trees, garden pests, vegetable or flower gardening. We are here to assist you, the Ohio State University Extension has trained volunteers empowered to educate others with timely research based gardening information. With our offices currently being closed we would like you to know we are still available to answer your questions via email. We will work to solve your problem by providing helpful tips, fact sheets and other resources. We are available April through October to assist you.
It is helpful if you provide us with as much information as possible when you email, so we can better assist you. Here are a few questions to consider.
- Do you know the name of the plant, if not be prepared to describe the plant (leaves, flowers, fruit, etc.)
- Where is it located and how long has it been in this location (sunny, shady, wet, dry)
- When did the symptoms first appear, what do the other plants in the area look like
- Exactly what do you see
- Do you know the name of the pest, be prepared to describe it if not (wings, number of legs, size, color)
- When and where did you first see the pest
- What harm is it causing
When emailing please include the following information
- A description of the problem
- Your full name, address and phone number
- If possible send a photo of the problem
We will be checking emails Monday, Wednesday and Fridays between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
At times there may be a delay in our response as we do research in order to provide you with the best information possible.
Email Address: email@example.com
We are Ohio State University Extension trained volunteers empowered to educate others with timely research-based gardening information.